Monday 14 November 2011

LEWIS HAMILTON WINS THE 2011 FORMULA 1 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX

Lewis Hamilton of Britain, won the 2011 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in McLaren Mercedes on Sunday November 13 in Abu Dhabi. “One of my best races – I said that to myself as I slowed down,” said 26 year old Hamilton. “I’m ecstatic, very happy to be back up here. I can get on my flight tonight and smile!. This weekend I feel fresh and I have a clear mind". "Racing is a mental thing and, if you think you are ready, then you can move forward," he said earlier. He won  by 8.4 seconds ahead of Fernando Alonso in second place in the Ferrari. Jenson Button finished third  in the other McLaren. In  Abu Dhabi, the drivers don't spray champagne on the podium but fizzy rose water and Hamilton  poured it all over himself.

Lewis Hamilton on the radio: "I want to dedicate this to my mum, happy birthday, I'm really glad I could do this for you guys, thank you very much. Hamilton's mother was at the race.



2011 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Sunday November 13
Lewis Hamilton


Lewis Hamilton - joy of winning




No comments: